Friday 31 October 2008

Research

I have been carrying out some research on thrillers today to widen my horizon on these types of films to enable myself to produce the best thriller possible when we start to plan our coursework. When carrying out this research i found out that there were a lot more thriller films than i thought there was, i found that there are many sub-genres within the category of thriller and this was very interesting. These sub-genres are:
Action thriller, Conspiracy thriller, Crime thriller, Disaster thriller, Drama thriller,Eco-thriller,
Horror thriller, Erotic thriller, Legal thriller, Medical thriller, Political thriller,Psychological thriller, Spy thriller, Supernatural thriller & Techno-thriller.
I also researched horror as my group was thinking about doing a horror thriller as we were coming up with some very interesting ideas and we thought it would be perfect to put them into the opening sequence of our thriller. When in my lesson we was told about a man named Alfred Hitchcock so I also done some research on him as well as he is a very famous man known for producing thriller films such as Psyhco which is a very popular film. He became famous for his expert and largely unrivaled control of pace and suspense, and his films were both full of fear and fantasy.

No comments: